Subject: [Leica] more normal? hardly (new deadman pix)
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 00:09:49 -0400

sick of my panoramas? check out this stuff from Honest Ed Mirvish's 87th
birthday party which I reported on a month ago. It will make you yearn for
the normality of distorted 360 degree panoramas.

    http://www.pinkheadedbug.com/portfolios/mirvish/index.html

most of this stuff was shot I am ashamed to say (yeah, right) on my Canon
T90 with a off-brand 24mm lens, but some of it is the 28 on the Leica and
maybe even one or two on the 35.

shooting with the T90 is very different from shooting with the Leica, not
least because it goes BANG CLICK WHIIIIIRRRRR, at which point people ask you
which newspaper you are with. However the camera is a total pleasure to use.
I keep it on manual.

I found the 24 on the T90 *far* easier to use than the 25 skopar on the
Leica. I can't bear not being able to focus even at f/11 on a 24, and the
skopar viewfinder is ridiculously inaccurate. I guess I should try a 24
Elmarit and a Leica vf one of these days.

The Leica images are of course much sharper up close but I was yearning for
a 24 that day and the T90 was the only solution.

bouquets/brickbats welcome

- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com