Subject: Re: [Leica] collapsible 35/1.4 ASPH, er I mean bicycle
From: Tom Finnegan <TomF@piengr.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 14:03:35 -0700

Johnny innocently wandered OT:
I could never look at that bike without wanting one.

look here and you'll see what I mean

    http://www.alexmoulton.co.uk/ambikes/guide/pg01.htm

Like Leicas they are, depending on your point of view, either astoundingly
overpriced or astoundingly underpriced. At any rate the price tag has a
reassuring heft to it.
*******************************
Amazingly enough, there are actually two Moulton dealers in the Seattle
area. Although, now that I think about it, I can't actually recall seeing
one being ridden around. Maybe the Moulton owners have the bikes locked away
inside the same display case as their Leicas.

While the Moulton might be just the thing for commuting via train/subway,
I'd be more interested in a custom steel bike that used S&S couplings. I'm
sure that many will argue that Moulton is a much more 'modern' design with
better contrast and resolution of fine detail, but for me the S&S equipped
Erickson (or Stevenson) has much better bokeh and a wonderful glow to it.
http://www.sandsmachine.com/a_eri_r2.htm

Tom Finnegan
Seattle