Subject: [Leica] Re:Hero worship
From: Stephen Patriquen <patriquen@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 11:39:19 -0700 (PDT)

> A photographer who doesn't do their own printing is
just
like
> a painter who only does the intial sketches and
leaves
the
> brushwork up to someone else...

Margaret Bourke-White (IMHO one of the greats) could
not even use a light meter, let alone print (she had
two great printers who worked for her during her
career).

There is a story that Ansel Adams once aksed her (in
admiring her work) how she judged exposure.

Her reply was "Oh Ansel! I just shoot a sheet at every
aperture/shutter speed combination that looks good."
(or words to that effect).

The proof of the pudding... etc.

Steve P
London