Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: hero worship
From: Shel Belinkoff <belinkoff@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 19:16:13 -0700

>No matter how much of a head-case Eugene Smith was, he at least
>created the entireity of his images - from the inital click to
>the final, dry-mounted print.

This is not true.  Having read Hughs' bio of Smith, and having had a
chance to talk with a couple of Smith disciples, I was made aware of
the fact that there were numerous times in his career that Smith had
assistants printing for him.  Even his wife and children got into the
act at one point.
- --
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:belinkoff@earthlink.net
"Why should I use a meter?  What if the darn thing broke on me
when I was out making a photograph? Then what would I do?"

Message from "G. Michael Paine" <mickeyp35@earthlink.net> ([Leica] Re: hero worship)