Subject: Re[2]: [Leica] Salgado
From: Bob Walkden <bob@web-options.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 16:32:38 +0100

Hi,

there's a book of HCB's landscape photos coming out in a few weeks
called, iirc, 'Landscapes and Cityscapes'. So today's "Weekend
Guardian" (UK newspaper Saturday magazine) has a puff article with a
few of his landscapes.

It's an interesting article and in it the writer briefly discusses a
photo of workers at an Indian nuclear plant by HCB, and wonders what
Salgado would do with the same subject. He concludes that Salgado's
treatment would be more 'theatrical' than HCB's (which I suppose could
also mean more 'dramatic') - he says that's not necessarily a bad
thing, of course.

HCB is far more detached from his subjects than Salgado is from his.
Different photographers, different agendas.

- ---

 Bob

mailto:bob@web-options.com

"If it's sunny, try f16;