Subject: [Leica] <Don't read this> Re: Getting film into the film gate in M6
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 17:58:08 -0700

It is beyond all possible comprehension how the lowly imbecilic task of
bliss, loading an M6 would be a bliss personified! I must be a moron
(opening for all of you JB haters) as I cannot for the life of me figure
out how to NOT load an M6 correctly. My dog could load an M6.

Hell... even BD could probably load an M6. ;)
(See... I do have a sense of humor :)

I read "zig-zag leaders", "cut leaders", "inside out leaders"... ad nauseam.

Forget all of that crap!

Just stuff the film in, whatever leader the manufacturer (or your own
loads) provides, stick between the forks, push the film up somewhat
(nothing exact here), put the bottom on (the BASKET pushes the film up into
the film gate!), wind on a few frames (WATCHING THE REWIND KNOB). If the
knob turns, you have film. If not, you jinxed yourself by your worrying and
fretting. Go take a cold shower and start over.

Film gate worriers, there are basically no mis-loads with the basket.
Unless you don't stick the leader between the take-up forks. But if you
don't do that... well... there's no hope. Sell.

And opening the camera without rewinding the film...  Survey Says...
errrrrrr! Sell everything. You shouldn't be driving either. You might just
randomly fling open the door and take out some poor pedestrian.

Jim

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] <Don't read this> Re: Getting film into the film gate in M6)
Reply from "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net> (Re: [Leica] <Don't read this> Re: Getting film into the film gate in M6)
Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] <Don't read this> Re: Getting film into the film gate in M6)