Subject: Re: [Leica] scratch on negative...
From: Henry Ambrose <henryambrose@home.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 16:36:15 -0500

>with three different camera bodies.
>
>www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/scratches.jpg

I see LOTS of other scratches as well.
Are still you washing your film in the toilet by letting it trail down
the drain and then flushing?
(don't deny it, I KNOW you do this)
; >)

Seriously - how about:

Is the scratch in the same place each time?
Are you wiping the film with a tool of some sort?
Is your developing reel damaged?
Are you opening the film canister and then removing the film and spool
from the end (good)or are you pulling it back out(bad)?

Take a roll of film, pull out about 18" and inspect it carefully. If OK
then load it in your camera and fire 8-10 frames. Do not rewind. Open the
back and look at the film. See scratches? If not, rewind and then pull it
out by hand again. Whadya see?

A couple of years ago I sparked a LOOOOOONGGGGGGGG "scratched film"
thread here on the LUG. (I did not mean to, I promise!)
If anyone feels compelled to replicate that thread please just go to the
archives and read the original. I assure you that everything that could
be said, was said then.

Henry