Subject: [Leica] pyro
From: "Leslie E. England" <engl6914@iamerica.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 20:11:06 +0000

The printing times for pyro negatives on my Focomat IC are the same for
the pyro negatives as for the HC-110 negatives.  I make a contact sheet
of the negatives always at the same exposure at the time that just
allows the film sprocket holes to disappear into black.  Since the
exposure on that sheet is the same from sheet to sheet I can judge how
close I was on the frame exposure when the picture was taken.  From the
brightness of the contact sheet image I can judge whether I need to use
f8 or f11 or whatever on the Focomat.
    I have the darkroom attachment for my Gossen Luna Pro but have quit
using it, because I do just as well guessing the Focomat's f stop by
looking at the contact sheet print.  With the pyro negatives the first
print has typically been fine, and I have yet to use anything other than
a #2 filter.  This is only on two rolls, now.

Lee England
Natchez, Mississippi