Subject: RE: [Leica] Thoughts on R8s
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@inicia.es>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 22:15:28 +0200

"Felix,

You have used an R8, and found out that you weren't yet ready to buy
one. That's fine. I don't think that bothers anyone on the list. What
does sometimes annoy me is this. I don't at the moment subscribe to any
Nikon lists, Canon lists, or rec.photo groups, but I certainly have in
the past. I invite you to do an experiment. Get on these other lists.
Make some posts which extol the value of an R8 or an M6 while
criticizing an F5 or EOS 1v and just see what happens to you. Then come
back and raise these free speech issues again.

By the standards of other lists the LUG is highly tolerant. Sometimes to
a fault. Here, watch this....I'm a Leica guy. I shoot with an M6 and an
R8. But, I just want to say that I think that the F3, for the price, is
a hell of a deal.

Barney"

Barney,

Sincerely I agree with you. You are right. In every list I`m a member, a lot
as a multisystems man,  that behaviour is very common. And it is logical as
if you have made a choice of some equipment you did it as you thought  this
was the best one for you. But I think too that it is more important people
then cameras and we need to be tolerant wit others point of view. In every
list there are some guys who contribute a lot as they are experienced pros
or advanced amateurs and all of us thank this work but they have to think
that in the beginning nobody knows everything and be a little bit more
patient. Myself when starting in this list was rather "acid" and now intend
to mainly contribute beeing a bad photographer but who took his first pic 50
years ago and who owns, no merit in this, lots of equipment. And I'm learnig
to build up a WEB to show everybody, specially Mark Rabiner who rightly
asked me this, some of my work. I do not know if LUG is the more
tolerantlist, perhaps,  but, certainly, is one of the more interesting if
not the more...

Kind regards

Félix

PS. Yes Barney in the EOS list I defend my F5, in the Nikon list I defend my
EOS 1V, here I defend my Contax G2, but everywhere I defend my Leica wich
BTW is the most attacked stuff.