Subject: [Leica] 9 element 28mm question
From: "Kevin M. Bell" <newsgroups@camera-collectors.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 21:25:03 -0600

I've just acquired a black 28mm f/2.8 M series Elmarit.  This is the
version with the long rear element.  My question concerns the place of
manufacture.  I have seen this type of lens marked Made in Canada
(presumably by Commies?), but the lens I have is marked Leitz Wetzlar, Made
in Germany.  I cannot find any reference in my admittedly sparse
library.  Is this a less common version of the pre-M5 lens?

Kevin M. Bell

Replies: Reply from "Kevin M. Bell" <newsgroups@camera-collectors.com> (Re: [Leica] 9 element 28mm question)