Subject: [Leica] Re: Getting film into the film gate in M6
From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 08:14:38 +1000

> When loading film into a M6, the natural kink in the
> film falls where the shutter gate is, making loading
> fiddly sometimes.

I tend to buy my film in 20-roll pro-pack lots.

One of the rituals I go through when I get home is to
carefully rewind each roll such that only 10mm of the
film leader sticks out of the cassette.

That way, when I come to use the film a few weeks / months
later, the kink will now be right at the tip of the film
leader and thus harmlessly out of the way.

Easy (and no camera modifications necessary!)

Regds,

Andrew Nemeth

<http://4020.net>    -> photos, 360° panoramic vrs, sounds
<http://nemeng.com>  -> vr java applets, leica faq, tech info