Subject: Re: [Leica] close up work
From: lea <lea@whinydogpress.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 22:12:40 -0500

Pablo,

I have a wonderful Canon system (complete with auto focus macro lens), a
wonderful Pentax 645N (yes, complete with auto focus macro lens), a Leica system
and a Mamiya 7 in addition to several other odds and ends.

I'm not looking to buy a Nikon system, an R series Leica or anything else except
whatever can work on my M6.

My work is close up so time really isn't an issue...I use and really like the
Visoflex. I'm simply looking for a lens that will allow me a bit more space to
back off my subject. Several have suggested the 65mm lens and that is what I will
keep my eyes out for.

Also,  I get that you don't like auto focus for your macro work. I happen to love
it for mine so how bout we drop that issue? Doubtful after this long you'll
change my mind.
Lea

Pablo Kolodny wrote:

> on 6/8/01 2:38 PM, lea at lea@whinydogpress.com wrote:
>
> > And buying a whole new body doesn't really answer my question. I know about
> > the R series. I'm needing info on the M series.
>
> Great! but I'd say there's a long way to run between Macro Auto Focus and
> using M system for Close up.
> In other words, going for an oldie Nikon F/F2 + 55 Micro Nikkor is very
> cheap. Much cheaper than going for a Leica R plus a Leica macro lens, sure
> it is.
> In addition, using M for close up will take too much time to make tests and
> so on, and on the other side, if you can't afford a Macro R system, the
> Nikon will save lots of money and time.
> Believe me, I've been working a lot with those arrays...and believe, nothing
> make sense when working with AF in close up...
> It sounds like using the Apollo XXI to go shopping to a closest mall.
>
> Regards
>
> Pablo

- --
Lea Murphy