Subject: Re: [Leica] close up work
From: Pablo Kolodny <pkolodny@fibertel.com.ar>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 18:50:25 -0300

on 6/8/01 2:38 PM, lea at lea@whinydogpress.com wrote:

> And buying a whole new body doesn't really answer my question. I know about
> the R series. I'm needing info on the M series.

Great! but I'd say there's a long way to run between Macro Auto Focus and
using M system for Close up.
In other words, going for an oldie Nikon F/F2 + 55 Micro Nikkor is very
cheap. Much cheaper than going for a Leica R plus a Leica macro lens, sure
it is.
In addition, using M for close up will take too much time to make tests and
so on, and on the other side, if you can't afford a Macro R system, the
Nikon will save lots of money and time.
Believe me, I've been working a lot with those arrays...and believe, nothing
make sense when working with AF in close up...
It sounds like using the Apollo XXI to go shopping to a closest mall.

Regards

Pablo

Replies: Reply from lea <lea@whinydogpress.com> (Re: [Leica] close up work)