Subject: Re: [Leica] bad fixing? (was Chemical re-use)
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 20:11:39 -0400

It sure sounds like incomplete fixing.  Perhaps there wasn't enough fixer to
cover the film completely.  Refixing should clear those areas but should not
affect the correctly fixed areas.  When I used to process movie film in the
'70s once in a while we would get bleach stains from exhausted ferrocyanide
bleach (the replenisher tank was stained and we couldn't see when it was
empty).  We just ran the film through again and the stains went away.

Mike D