Subject: Re: [Leica] 1st camera for a 10 year old
From: "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 22:11:58 -0700

When my daughter was twelve:
    I bought her a used Edixa reflex and a hand
    held meter,

    I converted her play house into a darkroom and
    showed her how to develop and print, and

    I showed her how to load cassettes with film.

She learned these things very easily and, now at age 33, has a wedding
photography business.

When I was at that age, I remember a neighbor kid the same age had a
darkroom and knew all about photography.   I was envious and mystified.

Roland Smith
Oakland, California