Subject: Re: Tri-X 320...extended sensitivity in the shadows? Was- RE: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V20 #217
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 14:11:58 -0700

Austin Franklin wrote:

> > Anything has superior shadow detail if you rate it at 320 instead of 400.
> > I shot 12 rolls of 220 of the stuff last week. It's OK stuff!
> > Bread and butter
> > commercial film!
>
> Absolutely!  It's what we used to use, since it came in the pro-packs, and
> the 400 didn't.  Today, I prefer the 400 though...

No 220 is the problem!
No more 220 in delta. Never in regular Tri x. Never any slow film in 220, pan f,
apx anything, Neo-nothing.
24 on a roll i can crank with.
12 on a roll and everything can get very stilted.
You shoot 9 shots. You got 3 left! I don't feel so great with 3 left!
OK for tidepools. Not so great for fast breaking situations: people.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/