Subject: Re: [Leica] R Wildlife shooter
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 22:19:51 -0400

Greg Lorenzo's last two points are pretty much the responses I
would give as well.   The R8 metering is one of the model's
strongest points.  I generally use the centerweighted mode and, of
course, adjust if I'm shooting against the sky.  The Metz adapters
for the R8 do provide 1/3 stop increments and the manual includes
as an example setting the flash to -1 2/3 stops for  fill.  The Metz
shoe mount jobs can be attached to the hot shoe or used off
camera with either the Metz SCA 3007A adapter or the much
cheaper Nikon SC-17.

My own experience with the modular APO Telyt is limited to a
day's use at a Leica seminar a couple of years ago.  It is big. And
heavy.  And very expensive.  I'm using the older 280/2.8 both with
and without extenders which I find to be, when I do my part, no
mean performer.

Roy