Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: My heart say the 35mm f2 ASPH :-)
From: Simon ALIBERT <simonalibert@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 11:29:42 +0200

The 04/08/2001 04:37, you wrote this  :

> If you are unhappy with the Hexar as a performer, I would suggest buying
> the faster Cosina Voigtländer Ultron 35/1.7 (with ASPH element) AND the
> faster Cosina Voigtländer 28/1.9 ASPH (both with their respective LTM > M
> adapters if needed) and don't bother looking back.

I'm really happy about my Konica Hexar, especially the lens, who is
significantly better than my 24mm Nikon, my 35mm Nikon too !! and his quiet
shutter, but, I really need a manual focus camera !
I haven't hear anything about Voigtländer, how is it good ? Compare to
Leica?

> You will easily be able to do this for much less the cost of just ONE of the
> choices that you are considering and even better if you sell the 35mm (Hexar.)
> For a body, a nice used Leica M (I like the M5, but that is my shooting style)

I fault it was not a good series, the M5, compare to the M3, M4 and the M6 ?
Sorry if I'm wrong :-)

> or an older Leica screw mount (or classic LTM copy) or if you like, a Konica
> RF or even the much cheaper made Bessa R will do you fine with these fine
> lenses.

I tried the Hexar RF, and I prefer much more the feeling of a M6 !
Thanks for your comments,

Regards,

Simon Alibert