Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: salgado et al.
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 13:59:45 -0400

Harold Gess wrote:

> When we talk of Africans who are we talking of? The San people of southern
> Africa, the Nguni people, also of southern Africa but racially and
> culturally very different, the diverse peoples of central Africa, the
> Ethiopians, the Egyptians?

Or are we talking about the Afrikaners, or the fourth generation white
Kenyans, or .... ;-)

BTW, I agree whole heartedly with what Harold posted, and only add the
line I just added to twit the original poster, who made the proposterous
suggestion that, in effect, only melenan enhanced African-born
photographers can or should be photographing suffering in
Africa....which of course quickly gets us to only women photographing
subjects related to women - child birth, for instance, only gay
photographers photographing gay subjects...

August really is the silly season, isn't it....?

B. D.

Message from "Harold Gess" <Harold.Gess@btinternet.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: salgado et al.)