Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Quality versus Medium Format
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 17:01:53 -0400

At 10:21 AM 8/1/01 -0700, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>And potentially you can get the Quality of a large Ansel Adams print
>from the second half of his working career. He used medium format and Zeiss
>optics then a strong option with a Rolleiflex.

Adams shot Zeiss lenses on Contax RF's for a while, but was the
poster-child for Leica RF in the '50's.  He shot Hasselblad in his later
years, but his grand work was, of course, in LF.

I don't recall Adams ever using a Rolleiflex though I will cheerfully
acknowledge that this was a major lapse on the part of the master.  Dum
Iove Nodat, and all that.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!