Subject: Re: [Leica] Converters with the 400/6.8
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 09:19:16 -0500

jbcollier@powersurfr.com (John Collier)8/1/017:35 AM

> Does anyone use the teleconverters (2x, 2xAPO or 1.4xAPO) with
the 400/6.8?
> Any comments on how the image quality holds up?

I use the 2x with the 400/6.8 and find the quality virtually
equal to the lens without the converter. Of course when doubling
the focal length other quality issues become amplified - movement
- - DOF - etc. So the hit rate goes down a bit. But when it all
works the expected image quality is certainly visible.

George