Subject: Re: [Leica] A Lesson Learned?
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:39:56 -0400

$1400 - But you missed my point. Yes, it is the perfect size. Yes, it
has beautiful balance, controls and layout. And, yes, it may be the best
Leica M Leica ever built - 27 years ago with what was then a bit of a
quirky metering system. If I were shooting strictly for my own
enjoyment, I would definitely have kept it. But I am shooting
professionally and feel the need for three dependable M bodies. That
means three bodies that are dependable in all respects. Not two
dependable bodies and one that is, well, quirky, with a meter that may
be fine for six months - or 18 months - and then go psycho on me on the
job. And, yes, I realize that with proper TLC it will outlive me. But I
don't treat my cameras like collectible pets, I treat them like
photographic hammers, saws, and planes, because that's what they are for
me.

So call Ken Hansen's and grab it...It is a beauty....