Subject: Re: [Leica] Need filters for 28mm SA PC lens
From: royzart@connix.com
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 14:47:56 -0400

I spoke with John Opacki of the Filter Connection
(http://www.2filter.com) here in Connecticut just last week about
such filters.  He can provide the Leica-blessed B+W 67EW filters
for this lens.  Just be sure to be sitting when you hear the price of
the circular polarizer - B+W produces only the Kaesemann in this
size.

As for the hood, the Leica part number is 12540, and it looks
suspiciously like the extra wide filter holder offered by B+W.  The
B+W item would fit a 67mm filter threading and hold a 74 mm
unmounted glass filter.  The holder and any accompanying
unmounted filters are special order items.  If you do go the B+W
route, I suggest that you get in touch with the appropriate
distributor (http://www.schneideroptics.com in the US) for ordering
information.  Their reps have been responsive and helpful with both
the pre- and post-order questions.

Roy