Subject: Re: [Leica] Light in the darkroom?
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 10:42:23 +0200

Henning writes:

> Part of the problem can be that in the presence
> of EM fields, even the type found in households,
> flourescents can emit or continue to emit UV
> radiation in particular without being themselves
> switched on.

I'd have to see this to believe it.  While theoretically possible, I'd group the
risk right in there with the risk of paper being fogged by cosmic radiation,
which is both possible and probable but never a problem in practice.

> If you get no fogging, and you feel that there
> is no other power carrying wiring, or high
> frequency wiring in the neighbourhood, use
> the flourescents.

The wiring would have to be right next to the lamps, not merely in the
neighborhood.

Message from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (RE: [Leica] Light in the darkroom?)