Subject: RE: [Leica] Light in the darkroom?
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 23:04:02 -0400

I have fluorescent lamps in my film loading room.  They, absolutely, without
question, do NOT fog my film.  They also emit NO, and I mean ABSOLUTELY NO
light within a second after being turned off.  I believe that some
fluorescent tubes MAY cause a problem...but not all do.

I stood in the outside room with the lights off so my eyes were adjusted to
the darkness, then I shut the lights off in the room in question (switch is
on the outside), and opened the door and there was no noticeable light from
the overheads.  I stared at them for almost a minute...and nada, zip,
nil...'nutin.

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (RE: [Leica] Light in the darkroom?)