Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V20 #204
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 23:57:24 +0200

Herb writes:

> When my kitchen was remodeled, the fascist
> regulations in Palo Alto required the contractor
> to install fluorescent lighting.  The darkroom,
> adjacent to the kitchen, suffered the same fate.

Where did you put the mandatory hazardous waste disposal facility?

> ... when I switched it on, there could be a
> delay of up to five seconds before light
> appeared.

There is such a thing as an "instant-start" fluorescent lamp and ballast, and it
really does come on instantly, but I've rarely seen it used.  I think it is more
expensive than conventional lamps and fixtures.  However, I believe the lamps
last longer, too (because they do not require a heated filament).