Subject: Re: [Leica] Wet work: thank you and a few more questions....
From: Guy Bennett <2bennett@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 12:40:24 +0100

Our man in Paris noted:

>California seems to have "guidelines" for everything.
>
>> Spent fixer and toner needs to be handled as
>> hazardous waste.
>
>The toner I can understand, but fixer?  Is vinegar handled as hazardous waste,
>too?

Only when used in quantities that overpower the taste of the olive oil.

>What about the sodium hydroxide in drain openers, or bleach?

Yes indeed. As for the former, they're to be poured right down the drain,
and the latter is to be disposed of in the washing machine.

As goes California, so goes the nation. (And soon the world.)

Guy

Message from Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> (Re: [Leica] Wet work: thank you and a few more questions....)