Subject: Re: [Leica] CLA for Leica IIIf - turnaround time, and Canadian?
From: "Daniel Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 10:38:49 -0400

Vick-
I have had several cameras done by Youxin Ye- particularly if you are going
to have the IIIf as a user. He is very pragmatic in that unlike Sherry, he
doesn't tear the camera completely down and rebuild it. This would be fine
for a museum piece, but for a shooter, he will dissasemble it, and clean the
parts that are dirty, relubes, and then tests the shutter and sets it
electronically.
I have had him replace shutter curtains, and yes, they can look different
since one is 'exposed' to the environment, especially if it is put up
without a lens.IT can show considerable cracking, and deterioration while
the one remaining rolled on the drum stays almost pristine. Youxin can also
replace the beamsplitter- he uses a new material and cuts them himself, and
the results are a RF that is bright , clear and like new. His prices are
reasonable, and his turnaround was only a couple of weeks last time I sent a
camera in to him. He is in MA, so it is not too far from Canada!! Give him a
shout and see what he can do for you.
Dan

Youxin Ye  wye7@yahoo.com

Message from Dennis Painter <dennis@hale-pohaku.com> (Re: [Leica] CLA for Leica IIIf - turnaround time, and Canadian?)