Subject: Re: [Leica] Darkroom help
From: "Mitch Brown" <leicameter@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 17:20:17 +1200

>I finally killed drying marks for ever using the following method
>as not failed yet wash as normal THEN soak for 1 min in Anionic (steam
>distilled) water with EXACTLY 1 drop of photo-flo per liter added.
>Available from your local pharmacist or pharmacy dept of the bit grocery
>store for next to nothing.
>
>Now hang up to dry.
>
>the point is there is NOTHING in that anionic water to cause drying marks
>nothing but photo-flo :(
>John Brownlow

I do exactly the same except for using a different brand of wetting agent
(Agfa). However to reduce the chance of dust (since I don't have a film
dryer) I gently wipe the negatives with a small piece of photographic
chamois that has been soaked with the wetting agent and distilled water
solution and then squeezed almost dry. This allows the negatives to dry in
short order. I have never had any marks either by using this method.

For those that don't know; photographic chamois is ordinary natural chamois
that has been treated to rid it of it's natural animal oils. I suppose
synthetic chamois would work too.