Subject: Re: [Leica] Darkroom help
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 21:34:09 -0700

> Sometimes when I am drying the negatives, I get water spots on the film(b&w
> film).And I do use Zone IV photo-flo to eliminate this problem. Any
> suggestions for properly wiping or drying negatives?

I have an ordinary commercial "whole house" water filter in my hot and cold water lines. For my water (Silicon Valley) I use a sediment cartridge followed by a carbon cartridge in the cold-water line, and then another sediment cartridge in the hot-water line (downstream of the hot water heater). This completely solves the problem. Filters are available to attach to your faucet in case you don't want to do plumbing.