Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V20 #198
From: David Prakel <dgp@btconnect.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 10:13:31 +0100

on 28/7/2001 5:06 am, Bob Walkden at owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
wrote:

> some of the exotic lenses are still made in Germany. Or at least, they
> carry the label 'Made in Germany', but perhaps it's old stock.
>
> They are:
>
> 16/2.8 fisheye
> 15/3.5
> 35/2.8 shift
> 300/2.8
> 500/4.5 mirror

I think they carry the made in Germany label either on account of their
German labour and parts input as in the case of the fisheye (Japanese
Minolta glass, re-barrelled and re-coated I believe by Leica); or because
they are not made by Leica but by other German lens firms - Schneider in the
case of the 35mm shift. I thought that the 15mm was also not a Leica home
brew. Can't speak for the telephotos.

David Prakel