Subject: Re: [Leica] re: digital noctilux vs 10X faster films?
From: Tom Finnegan <TomF@piengr.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 09:31:21 -0700

*I still have the instructions for hydrogen peroxide fume "bath." I never
*tried it, but according to the instructions you can boost Tri-X to
*16,000 ASA, or thereabout. I got it from Rangefinder Magazine years ago
*thinking I was going to redefine available light theory and practise. I
*never got past first base in that quest.

  Slobodan Dimitrov
The directions for hydrogen peroxide fuming are also given in "The Darkroom
Cookbook" by Anchell. I've never tried it, but it does sound interesting.

Apparently mercury vapor fuming also works quite well, but isn't recommended
due to potential side effects such as brain damage and death.

Tom Finnegan
Seattle