Subject: Re: [Leica] digital bokeh
From: "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <SonC@sonc.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 13:27:50 -0500

Have you guys seen Corel Knockout in action? I've seen it
work. Pretty amazing selection, especially hair.

From their website:
Perform complex masking in a fraction of the time using
Corel KnockOut 1.5 masking software. Built for both Windows
and Mac, this extraordinary application lets you preserve
fine image details, such as blurred or out-of-focus edges,
hair, smoke and shadows.

> Kyle Cassidy wrote:
> >
> > mxmanic sed:
> >
> > >There isn't any software that will generate bokeh, as
far as I know.

> > i often retouch my out of focus areas in fotoshop. i
assume i'm not alone.
> > as soon as someone can quantify "good bokeh", i'm sure
someone else will
> > develop a plugin for it. myself, i just use the ordinary
"blur".

> > kc
>
> Me to the only problem is the quality of your selection.
The "edge" you've
> picked and it's feathering between the sharp for ground
and fuzzy background.

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] digital bokeh)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] digital bokeh)