Subject: Re: [Leica] College
From: Michael Darling <cosmo@drexel.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 14:55:57 -0400

on 7/23/01 1:43 PM, ShadCat11@aol.com at ShadCat11@aol.com wrote:

> My opinions, based on the before, is that a systematic course of study can
> save some time in learning the craft and techniques.  But I also believe that
> a good liberal arts education NOT specializing in photography can do more for
> your ability to master photojournalism than concentrating on the tech stuff.

I agree here.  I'm spending my time working on an engineering degree and the
work I do daily makes me appreciate photography/photojournalism even more.
When I graduate I'm sure I won't have the classical art background that the
photo majors will have, but I bet I'll be a competitive and effective
photographer.

Yeah, I only work for my lowly university paper... And they have an aversion
to photography and a perversion for cheesy AP wire stories that have no
bearing on anything resembling respectable or interesting news.

I do get 24 hour access to a full, under utilized darkroom though.  Just
because I work for them doesn't mean I read their paper.

Mike