Subject: RE: [Leica] Red circles and "almost new" Leica bodies
From: "Griffith, Lucian" <griffil1@anz.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 16:01:17 +1000

 John Collier wrote:
>2) Open up the battery compartment and remove the batteries. Look under the
>main contact in the battery compartment. You should see two small pin head
>sized contacts. Cover them with a small piece of electrical tape. The tape
>goes "over" the two small contacts but "under" the main contact.

Thanks.  But is that going to stop something else from working?  I mean, why
are those contacts there if I just need to cover them up?  Seems a bit
weird.

I have been religiously turning the camera "Off" every time I put it in a
bag, so I don't think it's accidental depressing of the shutter...

:(
Lucian G.