Subject: [Leica] Scanning
From: John Amiet <jeapic@operamail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 15:44:18 +1000

G'Day to all LUGgers,
This my first post, although I have been 'LURGing' for awhile. Having some email glitches but I think I have
straightened them out now. Currently, my shooting gear includes M6 and R8 and I am on the verge of increasing
my digital output. I am scanning on an Agfa DUOSCAN twin plate scanner which has been O.K. My dilemma is
whether to add a digital camera, the Olympus E10 has been recommended for my level of need, but I really am
more comfortable with my Leica's and Blad gear. So, I am comtemplating the new Nikon Coolscan ED 8000 to
convert my images to digital as required. Reinforcing this decision is the fact that I am well set up with processing
gear for all B&W and colour processes in house.
Question 1.Can anyone reinforce my drift?
Question 2. Does anyone have comments on the scanner in question?
Thanks for any advice.

John Amiet
8 Campbell Street, Sandringham, Vic. 3191 * AUSTRALIA
Ph.  + 613 9521 0300  fax.  + 613 9521 0944
Email.  jeapic@operamail.com

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] Scanning)