Subject: Re: [Leica] digital M (what's the benefit?)
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 11:00:58 -0400

Where did all this feeling "it must neglect" the "cash cow of the M
series" come from? Over the past few years Leica has redesigned its
21-28-35-90 and 135 mm lenses, and now produces at each of those focal
lengths, and at 24 and 75 mm, what are arguably the world's best...Okay,
they need to re-do the 50 Summilux, but aside from that, where's the
"neglect."

What's quite obvious here is that you don't like the idea of digital,
and you don't like the idea of Leica going digital because you're afraid
they'll DROP the M line...So say so. But there is no evidence they would
drop the M line, and, I would argue, adding a really good digital body
to that line would increase the market for the M substantially....

B. D.

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] digital M (what's the benefit?))
Message from "Bill Harting" <wharting@adelphia.net> (Re: [Leica] digital M (what's the benefit?))
Message from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] digital M (what's the benefit?))