Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: red circle
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 17:22:37 -0700

Anthony wrote:

>>(I've always wondered how the meter can stay accurate when that
> painted spot is constantly being flexed with each cycle of the shutter.)<<

Anthony it's a no brainer, it just works and not worth the time of day to
wonder about.

My M6's have been cranking away since 1985, have always given perfect
exposures, other than when I screwed up and didn't believe it.

They've  never had a service  hand put to them since being born and I've
just looked at 60 rolls of film shot in the past couple weeks and they still
have excellent exposure readings frame after frame.  Flex after flex.

You should save your brain worries and concerns about things like flexing
and just go take pictures until the camera completely crashes in..... oh
say, about 40 - 50 years or so. Then you can worry questioningly as to why
it didn't last 60 - 80 years! ;-)
ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant