Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: red circle
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 01:47:13 +0200

Summicron1 writes:

> jeepers, creepers, you got a new camera at a
> substantial discount and all you can do is
> worry why?

Sorry.

> Take pictures with the thing for some reasonable
> (for a leica) amount of time, such as, say,
> 20 years, then get back to us and tell us if
> you got a bad deal.

I've been using it over the past two days and it seems to be working just fine.
At first I had the impression that the film advance was smoother than on my
other M6, but then I realized that XP2 unwinds from the cassette more easily
than Tri-X.  Also, I noticed that the metering spot on the curtain of this new
body seems whiter than the one on the other body, but I see no difference in
metering.  (I've always wondered how the meter can stay accurate when that
painted spot is constantly being flexed with each cycle of the shutter.)

Replies: Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: red circle)
Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: red circle)