Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG: automation vs. the brain
From: shino@ubspainewebber.com
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 16:59:22 -0400 (EDT)

> From: "Chris Quinn" <cquinn@mail.sjcsf.edu>

> It's easy to get caught up thinking how cool it would be to have the hottest
> Nikon/Canon/Contax Auto-Everything, but our Leicas, old-technology and all,
> are still capable of giving us spectacular images.

the myth that "change" == "progress" and "progress" == "advancement"
is the lie of our age.

> Christopher "Luddite" Quinn

i too am probably an apostle of Ned Ludd.  the argument that computer
technology has improved our lives is much overwrought, with the general
exception of the internet, and the specific exception of the LUG!!

- -rei

Replies: Reply from "Bill Harting" <wharting@adelphia.net> (Re: [Leica] LUG: automation vs. the brain)