Subject: Re: [Leica] Hip bag
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 08:40:44 -0500

Tamrac actually makes 3 sizes of hip bag, last I looked.  I have one of
the small and one of the large.  The small will hold an M6 inside with
up to a 50 or short 90 attached, and there are two smaller inside
pockets that will hold lenses or other stuff if it's not too fat.  There
is a zip pocket in the top flap and an outer zipper pocket that I use
for film and a meter, etc.  There are outside D-rings if you'd rather
use a shoulder strap (not included) and the belt tucks into a pocket to
get it out of the way if you're not going to use it.  This is my most
used bag when I'm carrying the M6.  The large is of the same design but
a lot bigger - it will carry a N**** F100 and 3 or 4 lenses, and has
similar (but larger) pockets in the top flap and on the outside.  Very
handy when I need the reflex outfit, but that stuff does get HEAVY.
Still, I'd rather have it on my hips than a shoulder.

Tamrac also makes a couple of sizes of add-on pockets that slip over
straps on these bags and give considerable extra carrying capacity if
you need it.  I sometimes attach one to carry extra film or a flash if
I'm going to be somewhere that I need extra light but still don't want
to carry a shoulder bag (like inside the barns at a horse show.)  These
extra pockets have a stiff flap on the back with velcro at the bottom,
so you just pop the velcro, slip the flap down over one of the straps on
the hip bag and reattach the velcro - no need to thread the belt through
anything, and you can even put one on or take it off without taking the
hip bag off.

Tamrac has a web site that has pictures of all this stuff
(www.tamrac.com) if you'd like to take a look.

Cheers,
Kip