Subject: Re: [Leica] Fuji Neopan 1600 vs Ilford Delta 3200 @ 1600
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 12:43:18 -0500

> Steve
>
> I forgot about those!  Great shots and interesting that the contrast range
> is very wide, whereas my experience with pushing Scala a couple of stops is
> that I get very bright highlights and very dark shadows with a real loss of
> shadow detail.  It is hard to tell from a jpeg, but what is the shadow
> detail like.  Do you think it would record any better on a true ASA1600
> film?  Also, how did you develop the Delta 400?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Simon

'fraid you might ask me a technical question. Do not know the answers to any
of those--to explain; I have a magazine, take pictures, hand film to my lab
guy for the last 20 years, he hands me contact sheets, I pick, he makes 8x10
prints, and so on. Sorry, technically i am a dope.

But, looking at the original 8x10's there is plenty of shadow detail which
does not show up on my dreadful scans.

Also,if it is any help, my lab guy says the new Ilford Delta is the best B&W
film he has ever seen.

sl

Replies: Reply from Andrew Schroter <schroter@optonline.net> (Re: [Leica] Fuji Neopan 1600 vs Ilford Delta 3200 @ 1600)
Reply from Guy Bennett <2bennett@wanadoo.fr> (Re: [Leica] Fuji Neopan 1600 vs Ilford Delta 3200 @ 1600)