Subject: [Leica] 3D grain
From: Garry Lewis <glewis@ftw.nrcs.usda.gov>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 07:52:39 -0500

>What is all this "Grain is a three dimensional problem." baloney?!
>It's driving me crazy!! I'm swimming around a bunch of big silver particles
>trying to figure it out!

>Mark Rabiner

It is a reference to the fact that "grain" is not a surface dweller.
Grain is distributed throughout the gelatin of the emulsion.
Therefore, think three dimensional when you talk of 'fine grain'
and/or 'grainy'. It's just a little lession I learned back in 1970.

and about that "crazy" thing, that's not a drive- that's a short
walk.}:^)>>

Waiter,what's that man doing in my emulsion? The backstroke Sir!

		yours enjoys yours posts mostly,

				Garry D. Lewis
- --
Grain is a three dimensional problem.