Subject: Re: [Leica] Should I buy a Noctilux?
From: "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 09:54:05 +0100

Ray

What film do you use with the Noctilux at f/1 in daytime lighting - ISO 0.5?
;-)  Even with ISO 100 film and using the Sunny 16 rule, you would be well
over 1/1000sec at f/1 which the M6 will not support.  I really believe the
Noct is a lens for the twilight hours and if a 50mm is required for daylight
shots then the Summicron is the lens to use.  In available darkness the
vignetting is not so bad and in many cases not noticeable.

Simon

ray tai wrote:
SNIP:
> I find I simply cannot live with the vignetting at f/1 especially so when
I use it in day time lighting.

Replies: Reply from "stephen holloway" <stephen.holloway@balcab.ch> (Re: [Leica] Should I buy a Noctilux?)