Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: Bokeh'm somebody, naw nuke it! ;-)
From: "Ethel Red" <ethel_red@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 16:41:34 -0400

>From: Mark Rabiner > >
> > I'm not so sure that the following image:
> >
> > http://members.aol.com/zeissleica/private/Bluebells.jpg
> >
>I believe we are looking at Bokeh in motion...
>undulating highlights...
>This adds another parameter to the mix...

I don't think so. The highlights are all of similar shape. But they are all
oriented to the center of the image. It's quite interesting.

Compare the highlights in the upper left corner to the highlights in the
upper right corner. They are exactly the same shape, but rotated 90 degrees
to each other.

What you're seeing is a sort of oval shape with a bright line around the
outer edge. That line is always furthest from the center of the image. The
pattern is consistent all throughout the image. The short dimension of the
oval is always radial to the center of the image.

PJW