Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V20 #152
From: Herbert & Lee Kanner <kanner@acm.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 13:26:06 -0700

>At 03:01 AM 07/14/2001, you wrote:
>>Many web browsers have a preference to accept cookies, but to delete
>>them as soon as you quit the browser.  That should satisfy the most
>>paranoid among us.
>
>Do you know if Netscape 4.x is among them? I have never seen such an
>option. Have you tried CleenSweep's Fast & Safe Cleanup?
>
><<MY OPINION, not my employer's>>
>
>hp

Henry,

I'm afraid I lied.  The browser which has this preference is a new
one that is still under development and is available (temporarily)
for free as a beta version.  It is called iCab.  Their web site is
http://www.icab.de

I just looked at their site, and the product appears to be only for
the Macintosh.  I guess PC users still have to resort to cookie
management applications such as the ones you mention.

Herb
- --
Herbert Kanner
kanner@acm.org