Subject: [Leica] Leica ball head questions
From: "Brian Walsh \(E-mail\)" <rbwalsh1@dcn.davis.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 11:13:54 -0700

Hi,

I've managed to confuse myself by looking at various Leica ball heads
available on the used market. My needs are pretty simple: I want to be able
to lock the head down securely enough to hold either my modest 35mm kit or
my Mamiya 7 6x7. (The Mamiya is quite light for the format, and it uses
nearly vibrationless leaf shutter lenses, so it shouldn't require a large
ball head.)

Is the current "large" ball and socket head stronger than older models? Are
there other factors to consider before I make my purchase?

Thanks,

Brian Walsh

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica ball head questions)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica ball head questions)