Subject: Re: [Leica] Large Format lenses
From: Pablo Kolodny <pkolodny@fibertel.com.ar>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 10:40:36 -0300

on 12/7/01 10:28 AM, Charles Harris at charles@charlesharris.com wrote:

> I've just purchased an old Linhof Technica V :). The included lenses are not
> to my liking. Can anybody recommend a brand or series of large format
> lenses. Those closest to the Leica look would be the most interesting. I'll
> probably get something in the range of 75-90, 115-150, and a 210-240.
> Fastest available f stop only. Thanks.
>
> charles h

Charles, you would have to go for Schneider Super Angulon for the focal of
75/90 and others focal could also be Schneider.
Rodenstock are welcomed and appreciated.
Both brands coming from Germany. I'd say they have a Leica taste or, in the
case of the Super Angulon,  I believe you'd feel excited, more than Leica
glasses but this is my personal opinion.
When using Schneider 21 and Elmarit of the same focal I feel closer to the
taste of the Super Angulon than with the Elmarit.
Zeiss optics are also great...

I don't like Nikon glasses... for large format but lots of people do and
photos taken by Nikon glasses are also great, very sharp. Maybe with no
"bokeh"...

On the other side, how old can be a Linhof Technika V ?
What's the name of present model ?

Regards

Pablo