Subject: Re: [Leica] was Q for the 75 now 75 or 80
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 10:06:11 -0400

Dan, that was an interesting quote from the web site.  Erwin must have
rethought the issue although I don't know which is the newer writing.
Quoted from the Leica Lens Compendium

"Comments apply to both lenses and fingerprint differences ar noted when
appropriate...At 1:2 overall contrast markedly improves and very fine detail
is recorded with crispness on axis.  Again the R-version has the edge in the
outer zones, when one looks at the outlines of the subjects.  We should
realize however that these differences, while measurable, will probably be
lost in everyday picture taking..."

However, with all things Leica the overall quality is so high that either
lens would be a wonderful addition to ones kit.  Perhaps Ted, whom I believe
owns both, can fill in any "in the hand" nuances if any.