Subject: RE: [Leica] was Q for the 75 now 75 or 80
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 08:59:42 -0400

> In Erwin's latest book he puts the 75M and the 80R together in his review
> and notes slight nuances between the two; in other words no effective
> difference between the two lenses optically.

That's odd, because here:

http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/mseries/testm/M2-90.html

... he says this ...

"The Summilux-M 1,4/75 at full aperture is better than the 1,4/80 at full
aperture. Higher contrast give the extremely fine detail more clarity and
sharper edges. Astigmatism is visible which softens the finest possible
texture details.
At f/2,0 the image improves a lot and at f/2,8 is outstanding if not superb.
Here we see a stop advantage compared with the 1,4/80."

Dan

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] was Q for the 75 now 75 or 80)